Re: What is the best java for debian-amd64 ?

Allow me to unrecommend Blackdown JRE 1.4.2. Unfortunately, the
maintainers of xul-runner have seen fit to conflict with every version
of jre 1.4.2.

Your choices are to force reinstallation of Blackdown 1.4.2 after every
dist-upgrade or install it outside of package management.

Those of us stuck with legacy applications on modern OS's are in a bind
with this situation.

-s