laser printer that is very reliable that runs well under debian.....

Dear folks,

I bought a Samsung ML-2510 laser printer a while ago and drove it under Debian Etch and now Lenny.

It seems to have developed a fault of some sort.

The manufacturer says that I can run diagnostic software under either Linux (so it says) or MSWindows that might give me a hint as to why it is freezing up.

I don't think it is a paper jam.

I could mess around with this but I am very busy.

So very busy that it is cheaper in time and money to simply buy a new printer to solve the problem.

The printer cost me $100 or so.

If I spent e.g. $1000 on a printer solely with the intent of finding one that is very reliable that Lenny will drive well and smell  malfunctions and diagnose what they are really well (better still the printer itself has a display on it that gives copious details of any error on it indepedently of the operating system that is driving it that anyone could understand quickly), what printer would you recommend?????

I am beginning to understand why people buy printers from Xerox etc.

Regards

Michael Fothergill

The John Lewis Clearance - save up to 50% with FREE delivery
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/101719806/direct/01/