Re: amd64 kernel + 32-bit userland: compiling a new amd64 kernel

Dieter Rohlfing wrote:
So there's a need for a second system. Then I prefer one system, which is pure
64-bit.
In pure 64-bit system there is problem with java/flash web plug-ins . The workaround is (you may guess) 32-bit chroot. Mixed (kernel amd64 userland 32-bit) as mentioned on http://alioth.debian.org/docman/view.php/30192/21/debian-amd64-howto.html is not recomended for workstation . I can't confirm that because on my system (workstation) everything works. I have Intel Corporation Mobile GM965/GL960 Integrated Graphics Controller and 3-D acceleration in my mixed setup works OK.
I don't know what is current status of ATI/NVIDIA binary drivers.

Regards
Maciek Kaliszewski

Skrzypi Ci fura?
zobacz >>> http://link.interia.pl/f1e5c