Re: amd64 kernel + 32-bit userland: compiling a new amd64 kernel

Dieter Rohlfing wrote:
Hello everybody,

<snip>
Is it possible, to build an amd64 kernel inside an i386 system (with 32-bit
libraries)? If yes, what additional packages do I have to install? Are they
available inside the i386 distribution or do I have to download those from the
amd64 distribution?

I appreciate all hints and replies.
I have similar setup .
To compile kernel and other stuff which require 64 bits I have debootstrap'ed amd64 environment . I'm switch to it by schroot .
If you have 1 Gb - 2Gb of harddisk to spare ,it is way to go.
See
http://alioth.debian.org/docman/view.php/30192/21/debian-amd64-howto.html
for details .
I found that i386 version of wpa_supplicant does not work properly with amd64 kernel .So you might have use native amd64 version of wpa_supplicant.

Hope it helps

Best regards
Maciek Kaliszewski

Masz czas tylko do 10 lipca.