Re: RedHat in Chroot

Hi again
    Thanks for the information. I will check mock very carefully. My
experience with Vmware tells me that virtualisation is not the thing I
am looking for. I would prefer that the user hardly recognises that
the programs are being run under some other system. I think I can fix
that in chroot but I don't know how with a virtual machine.
    I read yesterday more carefully about LD_ASSUME_KERNEL (something I
should have done a long time ago). I really need a system that keeps
track of all the different library versions for all kinds of broken
software but I also want the ease of package management that I get
with Debian.
    Shouldn't all the LD_ASSUME_KERNEL statements function under RedHat in
a chroot on a Debian amd64 system? As far as I have read, Debian has
never supported all the different versions of libraries made by
compiling them with different compilers. Does anyone on the list have
experience with software that needs LD_ASSUME_KERNEL to run?

Thanks
Gudjon