Re: C.P.U. suggestions.

Douglas A. Tutty wrote:

I had great success with JFS except that I switch away from it when told
by the maintainer that IBM didn't recommend using it anymore.

Could that be that they want you to use something they make that you have to pay for? IBM isn't supporting it, but it is supported by the kernel team - battle hardened and completely stable. I've had less trouble with jfs than ext3.

http://www.linux.com/feature/119025
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IBM_Journaled_File_System_2_(JFS2)

Karl Schmidt                         EMail Karl@xtronics.com
Transtronics, Inc.                     WEB http://xtronics.com
3209 West 9th Street                    Ph (785) 841-3089
Lawrence, KS 66049                     FAX (785) 841-0434

Ask any politician in private, It's a blast
spending other peoples money.