RE: kernel upgrade FIXED......

Dear Folks,

I have now fixed this problem.

The new nvidia glx driver that goes with the 25.2 kernel actually has a 1360 x 768 module that is invoked for my TLU 03732B LCDTV....

The Xorg log file says that the nvidia card is using this module to drive the monitor.

So I think I am now running at the full resolution of this device.

Thanks

Michael Fothergill

P.S.  I am driving the LCDTV with a vga cable.

This works OK.

I have however bought myself a DVI-D to HDMI cable.

I tried to use this to drive the LCDTV instead of the vga cable.

I connected it to the DVI output on the Nvidia card..........

But the screen stayed blank.

Is there a magical command I need to stick in the xorg file to tell the nvidia card to send a signal down the DVI cable????

Suggestions welcome.

Regards

Michael Fothergill