Re: [no subject]

KGB KGB píše v Út 27. 05. 2008 v 06:55 +0200:

> I have a problem, i recently installed Debian testing on my Compaq
> presario f756nr, and i replaced my HD by 100GB of hp pavilion fv6110us
> and i can't install debian on these HD but if install de original HD i
> can install Debian... The error message is something like this
> "...Please complain to your hardware vendor. Switching to a random
> MAC..."  what's mean this message?

Dear KGB KGB (whatever does it mean),

0) Next time please try to fill "Subject:" field in your message, as
empty subject usually means both useless message and/or spam;

1) I wonder how is your question related to AMD64, please note you are
posting to debian-amd64 list (but probably you are running AMD64 testing
on your notebook anyway);

2) The error message "Please complain to your hardware vendor. Switching
to a random MAC..." is from network card driver, most probably
forcedeth, as Compaq Presario F756NR seems to feature nVidia network
card embedded. I'm not sure how can swapping hard drivers influence
network interface, so please feel free to provide more details on your
setup.

I'd suggest trying latest Debian kernel. Please post output of 'lspci'
and 'uname -a' commands.

Vit