debian and cuda....

Dear folks,

I read about GPUs nvidia and CUDA etc a bit on the web.  I found out that CUDA is supposed to work in Linux and nosed around and saw that there is some sort of implementation of it for Ubuntu....

But there isn't one officially yet for Debian.

Is that true or has it changed recently?

If it is true is it because Debian want to have a more mature implementation sorted out than other distros before releasing it?

Are there any CUDA deb files out there?

What sorts of commonly used software (ie not molecular dynamics or millions of centipedes impersonating John Travolta together etc....) would benefit from GPU acceleration?

Regards

Michael Fothergill

All new Live Search at Live.com

http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/msnnkmgl0010000006ukm/direct/01/