Re: building kernel-modules at new kernels

On Sat, May 10, 2008 at 08:22:17PM +0200, Hans-J. Ullrich wrote:
> Is there a debian way, to automatically build additional kernel-modules (i.e.
> madwifi, nvidia, virtualbox-ose etc.), when installing a newer kernelversion
> and headers ?
>
> (I mean, not by using module-assistant, but just automatically build during
> the upgrade process).

None I know of.  Of course there are new packages
(linux-modules-[extra,contrib,nonfree]-2.6 being done that will auto
build all the modules it knows about whenever a new Debian kernel is
made, so unless make your own kernel you probably won't have to do
anything in the future.