Re: libsc7_2.3.1-3_amd64.deb problems

Hi:
Sorry for this lengthy dealing with libsc7/libsc8, though I would like to clean the system, i.e. not to have these issues raised at each "apt-get upgrade". Actually, now "apt-get upgrade" only results in:

Reading package list ...Done
Building dependency tree ... Done
You might want to run 'apt-get -f install' to correct.
Packages with unmet dependencies:
libsc-dev: Depends: libsc7 (= 2.3.1-3) but it is not installed.

It seems to be unable to upgrading, unless there is nothing else.

I think that I don't need either libsc7 or libsc8. Both come from "The Scientific Computing Toolkit" (Sandja Lab, mpqc) an extraordinary quantum mechanical package that I used successfully, but one that unfortunately is not being developed toward organic chemical applications. Therefore I don't use it any more. There is a relationship with "ghemical" that I don't use either on this amd64 system (I barely run 'startx' on rare occasions)

I did some search:

apt-cache rdepends libsc7
ENTER
Reverse Depends:
mpqc-support
mpqc
libsc-dev
libghemical3gf

apt-cache rdepends libsc8
ENTER
Reverse Depends:
[nothing reported]

If I carry out the same commands with i386 (where mpqc is still installed), for libsc7 there is one line more "libghemical0c2a", while for libsc8 the answer is "no package found".

Thanks
francesco pietra