Re: linux-image-2.6.18-6-amd64 kernel installed, but am I running a 64-bit system?

On Sat, May 03, 2008 at 06:40:03AM +1000, Alex Samad wrote:
> On Fri, May 02, 2008 at 09:25:21AM -0400, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> > nspluginwrapper works for flash I think, so no need for chroot for that.
> > As for java, sun seems to be promising a 64bit plugin by early next year
> > (somehow they just can't seem to actually get any useful work done
> > there in a timely manner).
> any speculation on why that is ?

Because sun can't decide if they give a damn about linux or not, and
probably because java is a big mess that isn't 64bit clean.  Although
blackdown managed to do a 64bit plugin years ago, so one would think it
couldn't be that hard.