Re: linux-image-2.6.18-6-amd64 kernel installed, but am I running a 64-bit system?

> On Thu, May 01, 2008 at 09:50:31PM +0100, Neil Stewart wrote:
> > Thank you all very much for all of your help. I think you've solved this
> > one. I do _seem_ to be running a 32-bit system after foolishly using a
> > 32-bit CD. But one small point: How can I get the system to report which
> > type it is? uname -a does not seem to work.
>
> dpkg --print-architecture

Yep, that's done it.

On the non-confirmed i386 system:
# dpkg --print-architecture
i386

On the known amd_64 system:
# dpkg --print-architecture
amd64

Thanks again. Now I just need to get my chroot set up for flash and java
plugins on iceweasel. Fortunately, there are some good howtos for this.