configuring printers in lenny.... is foomatic gui not working....?

Dear folks,

I just tried to configure my Epson D88 printer in Lenny,  In Etch this was pretty easy.

In Lenny I found the printer icon under system tools and it seemed as though it was about start the foomatic gui and then it silently died without an error message or anything being posted up in the gnome display area.

I tried again a few times and it kept on doing it.

Is foomatic unwell in Lenny at the  moment?

If so how should I configure the printer?  Could I use gutenprint or do I need foomatic as well to do it?

Comments appreciated

Michael Fothergill

Play the Andrex Hello Softie Game & win great prizes
http://www.thehellosoftiegame.co.uk