Re: sensors

On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 03:11:37AM -0700, Francesco Pietra wrote:
> Following a suggestion by Romain Delbeau (lm-sensors H8DC8 board), I contacted Supermicro again. Their prompt answer:
>
> H8QCE uses Winbond W83627HF-AW monitoring chip which currently is not supported by lm-sensors utility.
>
> However you can use SuperDoctor II for Linux which has same capability as lm-sensors
>

> ftp://ftp.supermicro.com/utility/Supero_Doctor_II/
>

> Why they did not provide this information at my first instance is a mystery.

Oh darn, I better go tell the hardware guys here that the chip we are
using in our product isn't working. :)  We use the W83627HF-AW on
purpose because it works and is supported.

The chip is supported perfectly, as long as you get the resistor values
used on each voltage input and which voltage each input is supposed to
have.

lm-sensors is irrelevant since the driver is actually part of the 2.6
kernel.  lm-sensors just provides the user space tools to easily access
the data from the driver (although you can get it all through /sys as
well if you fell like it).