Re: Hey everyone, GUI isn't working; I can't figure out how to configure my xserver correctly.

On Sun, Apr 06, 2008 at 09:09:28PM -0400, Lance Ferrer wrote:
> Im getting
> XIO: Fatal IO error 104 (connection reset by peer) on X server ":0.0"
> when I try to boot debian.  I'm new to linux and computers in general, so
> any help would be great.  I have a BFG NVidea 8800 GT if that helps.  If you
> need any more specs or anything just let me know.

Try booting without X.  I don't know how your system is set up so can't
give you too many specifics, but try booting single-user.  Grub should
give you the option, otherwise add an -s to the kernel command line.

Doug.