RE: Any thoughts on ext4? [Was: Reiser4 patches]

Just wanted to know if anyone had any experience with the new file
system in a non-production system

I've been running it on my /home for over a month now. (non-critical box).
(Lenny box) 2.6.22 i386.
So far, seems really good. No problems yet. It definetly is alot faster on larger files than ext3. Close to that of XFS, yet still remains fast on small files like ext3. Me too, I won't production it until it becomes mainline, but will probably end up using once that happens. XFS is just too slow on super small files, and if ext4 can keep on pace with XFS for Gig size files, then cool.

I can't seem to find an fsck tool for ext4 though. Perhaps its out there, but not sure what package contains it. e2fprogs?

Cheers,
Mike