Re: Fwd: P5K-VM v BFG NVidia 8800GT OC

On Wed, Apr 02, 2008 at 09:55:27PM -0400, Massimo Savino wrote:
> OK, here are the results of my testing:
>
> Ubuntu produces the same result as Debian - no graphics mode launched at
> all, screen a total blank.
>
> Knoppix 5.1.1 forces the screen into an epileptic's nightmare, it flashes
> like crazy for about a minute or two, then starts up X (nv driver?), and
> functions normally.
>
> What was the idea behind trying just 2gb again?

Eliminating any potential conflict in the PCI address space between 3
and 4GB.  Maybe the board isn't remapping it properly.  Maybe the
onboard video makes it do funky memory mapping or something.

My P5K (no intel video at all) with an 8600GT with 2GB ram works fine,
so other than the 4GB ram and the intel video I can't see what could be
causing trouble.  I have only run it with the Debian kernels (currently
2.6.24 from Sid).