Re: Fwd: P5K-VM v BFG NVidia 8800GT OC

OK, here are the results of my testing:

Ubuntu produces the same result as Debian - no graphics mode launched at all, screen a total blank.

Knoppix 5.1.1 forces the screen into an epileptic's nightmare, it flashes like crazy for about a minute or two, then starts up X (nv driver?), and functions normally.

What was the idea behind trying just 2gb again?

Kind regards
Mass

On undefined, Massimo Savino <north.twilight@gmail.com> wrote:
Not yet. I have downloaded the 7.10 ubuntu liveCD iso though, will test tonight.

On Wed, Apr 2, 2008 at 9:18 AM, Lennart Sorensen <lsorense@csclub.uwaterloo.ca> wrote:
On Wed, Apr 02, 2008 at 12:36:12AM -0400, Massimo Savino wrote:
> OK, I've experimented with including both
> video:vga16:off       and
> video:vesa:off
>
> Both still fail. But, I have noticed some interesting things about booting
> from the onboard:
>

>    1. The last line that I said read "input..." reads "input: AT
>    translated"
>    2. The first 2 lines from the onboard framebuffer say:

>           Running /scripts/premount
>
> Please let me know if I can provide you with more information.

Well it is running part of the initramfs scripts (or initrd scripts).  I
wonder what it is loading in there.

Have you tried running with 2GB ram instead of 4?