Re: Reiser4 patches.

Chris Wakefield wrote:
On April 2, 2008 03:17:24 pm Chris Wakefield wrote:
Greetings:

I've been looking for an up-to-date URL regarding Reiser4 filesystem;
namesys.com is down.  Does anyone know where I can find Reiser4 stuff?

Although I'm a big Debian fan and fairly experienced, I don't know if it's
possible to patch Debian sources with Reiser4 from the repos on the fly
with dpkg or...?

I have managed to chroot into my latest deb install on Reiser4, but I was
hoping to BOOT directly to it....

Grub2 is not patched yet for Reiser4;  There are some patches for legacy
Grub, but its not compiling.  I think it's the fact that the latest dev
files are: 1.0.6-1 and the legacy grub patch is:  1.0.5.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Although I don't use reiserfs (xfs fan myself), I always make my /boot a separate partition and use ext2. /boot doesn't need any sort of performance, and the compatibility advantage of ext2 is nice. If your /boot is compatible with your bootloader and the modules for your root filesystem are in your initrd, then you can use anything for /

Hope this helps.

Brian Oborn

By-the-way, I noticed quite a difference of performance with Reiser4.

Chris W.

Opps, sorry for the noise here.

I've tried lilo (v-22.8) and I haven't been able to make it boot to Reiser4, although I know it's supposed to.

I haven't patched it though, just used the repos.

Chris W.