Re: P5K-VM v BFG NVidia 8800GT OC

On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 11:46:52PM -0400, Massimo Savino wrote:
> Yes, that was the first thing I checked to make sure. The boot messages are
> fine up to 'input ... ' -- I can't recall the rest as it is so fast, but
> presumably it is switching to framebuffers that shouldn't be there.
>
> The trouble is, I don't know how to switch those framebuffers off, as I've
> already turned off everything in the wiki. I don't even know which
> framebuffers are being used.

What is the .config for your kernel?  Could you include that?

In the past booting with the option 'video=vga16:off' would disable the
vga16 framebuffer.  Not sure about the other ones.  I remember it giving
blank screens on lots of thinkpads some years ago so I always had to
disable it during the install.