Re: Random Crashes

> A google search on that error message seems to indicate that it has been
> seen on some systems where the power supply wasn't sufficient to provide
> stable power to the system.  Other posibilities is that the ram simply
> isn't stable (although bad power can make ram not stable of course).
>
> What size power supply, what brand/model, and how much hardware is in
> that system?

The power supply could indeed be the problem. It's no great power supply, and I have two (PATA) HDs. No fancy graphics card, though --- only a SIS 315.

I have also a DVD burner. However, I've been able to successfully burn DVDs (when more power would be needed, I guess).

Still, changing the power supply would be the easiest thing for me to do. At the worst, I'll have a good one to use when I decide to build a new system. (Unlike the DDR1 modules that the motherboard uses.)

--
Eduardo M Kalinowski
ekalin@bol.com.br