How to cross compile Debian -> Windows ???

Hi,

I have written a small "Hello world" program that I want to cross
compile from Debian to Windows using the Mingw32 package. I can run
"configure" both on Debian and on Windows without problem.

Can anyone give me the correct syntax for calling configure so that I
can compile the program on Linux and run it on Windows?

I tried something like:

/configure
	--build=i686-pc-linux-gnu
	--host=i686-pc-linux-gnu
	--target=i686-pc-mingw32

but that did not do the trick on my AMD64 Debian Etch (I think the
configuration names do not match but how can I find the correct
ones???).

TIA

--
Groeten,