Re: openoffice locks graphic video ???

Am Montag 12 November 2007 schrieb helices:
> * "Hans-J. Ullrich" <hans.ullrich@loop.de> [2007:11:12:17:31:27+0100]
scribed:
> > Am Montag 12 November 2007 schrieb helices:
> > > I have now experienced this three (3) times; so, it is chronic :<
> > > However, it is intermittent.
> > >
> > > Sometimes, when opening and/or manipulating an XLS created on winders;
> > > the desktop freezes.  The mouse pointer moves; but, no alt-tab; no
> > > menuse; no ctrl-f<keys>; nothing.
> > >
> > > When I ssh into this box, the CLI works fine.  I restart gdm; and I
> > > kill gdm; but, the frozen desktop video remains on the screen.
> > >
> > > So far, when this happens, the only solution is a full system reboot.
> > >
> > > What do you think?
> >
> > Do you use nvidia drivers higher than 100.14.09 ? And did you activate 3D
> > in OpenOfficeOrg settings ?
>
> Yes, it is nvidia.  I do not have graphical access right now.  How can I
> check this via CLI?

Do not know. Check out, which driver it is. If it is version higher than
100.14.09, than downgrade to 100.14.09 (and xorg to 7.2).

If the error is still sthere (what suppose will not be), you got the reason.
If it is still  there, you can easily upgrade and the error is in OOO itself.

The setting of 3D is in OOO-Settings. I cannot tell, as I use the German
version.

Look in OOO below      >  Extras > Settings > OpenOffice.org > View (this
is "Ansicht" here)

Good luck

Hans