Re: Opinions sought regarding RAID controller behaviour

On Wednesday, 26.09.2007 at 11:47 +0100, Jo Shields wrote:

> > [...]
> >
> > However, is this likely to be a hardware issue, or is it a driver
> > issue?  I'm using the aacraid driver on a 2.6.15 kernel, running
> > Debian/Sarge-amd64.   An upgrade to 2.6.18 and Etch-amd64 is planned
> > soon.
> >
> > [...]
>
> A similar problem can be seen with LSI MegaRAID SAS cards (as used in
> dell servers) on older kernels (e.g. the kernel in Ubuntu 6.06), where
> the RAID array is listed *last* rather than first
>
> Which suggests it's a kernel issue

Interesting, thanks Jo.

Well maybe the problem will Go Away when I put Etch on the machine,
then.  I've found it impossible choosing suitable search terms for
finding out more about this: raid, individual disks, component disks,
etc.

Cheers,

Dave.
--