Re: forcedeth wierdness

Dean Hamstead wrote:
> thanks for that, it was hiding up in eth5 for some reason
> *shrug* and dmesg didnt bother to tell me
>
> i will have to set it to a more reasonable eth number
>
> Dean
<snip: forcedeth NIC missing>

Hi Dean

This could be a udev persistent-net issue: When I upgraded my firewall
box with three NICs from Sarge to Etch, one of them apparently changed
hardware address and thus suddenly appeared as eth3 instead of eth0.
Perhaps your /etc/udev/rules.d/z25_persistent-net.rules contains wrong
or outdated entries too?

Cheers, Jonas

believed to be clean.