Re: nvidia-glx and latest xorg dependencies

On Tue, Sep 18, 2007 at 09:44:03AM +0200, Hans-J. Ullrich wrote:
> there is a dependency problem with the latest package xserver-xorg-core and
> nvidia-glx. As both packages seem (as installed alone) to be o.k., IMO it is
> not really a bug.
>
> Both packages exclude each other, so one of the both packages should be
> corrected. As I do not know, which is the correct package, I could not send a
> bugreport using reportbug.

Actually I think the nvidia-glx is in fact not fully compatible with the
new xorg version (at least from reading the bug reports that is what I
get from it).  Something about input api version 1 versus input api
version 2.  Hopefully a fix will arive soon.

For now I am simply not upgrading anything to do with X.