Re: forcedeth wierdness

Dean Hamstead wrote:
> any thoughts why a forcedeth (nvidia) onboard nic would be
> detected, but not presented as a usable card?
>
> i also have an onboard sky2 card which seems to work fine.
>
> i have tried disabling things in the bios but to no avail.
>
> im using a winbond motherboard.
>
> i can give more detailed outputs if needed.
>
> forcedeth has worked fine for me on other mboards *shrug*
>
> Dean

Hi Dean

I'm not sure this is the same problem, but I remember having problems
with asus nforce boards and forcedeth until I disabled firewire
(IEEE1394) in the BIOS.

If that doesn't help you may need to provide some more information like
log output from the card initialization and the output of ifconfig -a .

Cheers, Jonas

believed to be clean.