Re: No sound in flash movies Debian testing,firefox,nspluginwrapper, adobe 32-bit flash plugin??

On 06-Sep-2007 07:00.03 (BST), Dan Hugo wrote:
 > FWIW, my nspluginwrapper was working great from unstable on my amd64
 > platform [snip]
 >
 > I also more-recently updated nspluginwrapper to 0.9.91.5-1 in hopes that
 > the audio issues would be magically fixed [I've developed that same sort
 > of "damn, it just works..." confidence], but instead I no longer have
 > any embedded flash support in iceweasel.  While the about:plugins output
 > in iceweasel indicates flash support is present via the wrapped plugin,
 > I get a big gaping hole where any flash should be.

I'm sorry about that. I have this tendancy to reinstall Flash as a tester
when making a new package build.

The problem is that the XEMBED support changed radically between 0.91.9.4
and 0.9.91.5, and as a result you'll need to run '-u' to  update the plugin
wrapper, otherwise the plugin stub will fail to initialise correctly.

If you've installed the Flash plugin as root, run the following as root.
Otherwise run it as a normal user:

    nspluginwrapper -v -a -u

Restart Fireweasel/icefox or your browser-of-choice and it should come back
to life.

Let me know if this problem still persists after this. I will put a notice
in during upgrade for the next package release.

rob.

--
rob andrews                       :: pgp 0x5c205974 :: rob@choralone.org