Re: HP DV9540 laptop AMD64 with nVidia G8400M graphic card will not start in X mode

On Fri, Aug 24, 2007 at 02:53:49AM +0200, Niels Larsen wrote:
> On Friday 24 August 2007 02:35:29 Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
>
> At last I installed a driver direct from nvidia's site, following their
> instructions:
>
> http://www.nvidia.com/object/linux_display_amd64_100.14.11.html

You really don't want to do that.  It WILL break on some future upgrade.
3rd party installers are always a bad idea.  Just get the debian
packages from unstable instead and install those.  That will work fine
and upgrade correctly.