Re: Opinions on ext3 vs XFS vs reiserfs for LAMP server

Freddie Cash wrote:
We use XFS for everything except /boot as GRUB doesn't play nice with XFS. Haven't had any performance issues. And the resizing features play nicely with LVM.

Our servers include a pair of Xen boxes using XFS-on-LVM for each VM, several web servers running Apache vhost and Linux VServers, several dozen xterminal boxes supporting hundreds of diskless clients, and a handful of Samba file/print servers.

No performance issues or data corruption to worry about.

Running Debian Sarge and Etch, using 2.6 kernels.

We have XFS filesystems that are over 1 TB without issues. I don't see how 140 GB will be an issue. :)

From your experience, do you feel that XFS has significant performance advantages over ext3?