Re: HP DV9540 laptop AMD64 with nVidia G8400M graphic card will not start in X mode

On Thu, Aug 23, 2007 at 07:54:38PM +0200, Niels Larsen wrote:
> I just bought a new laptop.

Which model?  Hard to guess anything about the hardware without that.

> I have X window 7.1.1 installed
>
> First I tried to install 32 bit etch, but install could not fine my network.

So which network chip does it use?

If you can boot to a text console, you can run lspci and post the output
as a start to get an idea what hardware it contains.

> Then I tried some various k/ubuntu 64 bits, and install started, but ended
> with black screen.

Perhaps your video chip isn't supported yet.