Re: video card with hardware mpeg decoding with free driver?

* Jo Shields <jo.shields@oerc.ox.ac.uk> [2007-08-20 08:48:57 +0100]:

> On Sun, 2007-08-19 at 22:10 -0400, Douglas A. Tutty wrote:
> >
> > I'm asking on this list since my box is an Athlon64 running amd64 and I
> > don't know if, for example, there are fewer choices of free drivers for
> > amd64.
>
> Free XvMC support is offered by Intel onboard graphics (which would
> require moving to a superior core2-based system), ...

Why is a Core 2 system superior?  Just a few highlights, please.

(Not trying to start a war, I've just never found a good succinct
summary, and I'm very happy with this AMG64.)

Thanks!

Chris

--
Tux rox!