Re: nspluginwrapper and libc6 2.6-4 (and higher)

> I think that mplayerplug-in is very usable without a chroot.  I use it on
> this system to watch all sorts of media from quicktime to realmedia to wmv,
> asf, etc.  I've gotten the packages from the debian-multimedia.org
> repositories (mplayer, mplayerplug-in, etc) and the realmedia (essential)
> codecs (for 64bit) off the mplayer site.
>
> I installed the codecs in /usr/lib/codecs and everything works nicely
> without a chroot. ;-)

I just had/have a need to see WMV3 (Windows Media 9) content from time to time,
especially on the web.  Unfortunately, that's only supported by the 32-bit version
of Mplayer (As I mentioned, it's really not such an issue any
more as most larger sites that relied upon Microsoft's proprietary WMV
technology have moved on to Adobe's proprietary Flash technology for
their streaming video).

                                                --Ben.
--

"I find it kind of funny, I find it kind of sad
The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had."