Re: nspluginwrapper and libc6 2.6-4 (and higher)

> Just out of interest, why do you have the chroot's library paths in your
> ld.so.conf path? Is it to save yourself from having to use
> schroot/dchroot to launch an application? I would advise against that,
> although I have no firm reasoning as to why!

Mainly for Mplayer, to go about the "transparent" method of launching it
through a shell script using schroot (substituted for dchroot) documented here:

It really works quite well to "fool" Mplayer-plugin into launching the
32-bit version of Mplayer when viewing embedded content, which used to
make _almost _as much multimedia content viewable as nspluginwrapper
(now even CNN's gone to Flash video...).  For that matter, it also works
well for viewing/encoding the odd video from the command line.

                                                --Ben.
--

"I find it kind of funny, I find it kind of sad
The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had."