Re: Xen in AMD64

I run Debian Sid compiled for amd64 with kernel version 2.6.22-1. Pepo with respect to your questions about the Xen hypervisor, there are hypervisor packages compiled for amd64 in both Etch and Sid, but not Lenny. Unfortunately, to further complicate things, it seems that the only branch which has an actual precompiled Xen kernel is Etch.

This is quite frustrating seeing as if any Lenny or Sid users want to run Debian as either a dom0 or domU guest and not have to compile anything manually, they must revert back to the Etch 2.6.18 kernel. If anyone could shed some light on why the Xen kernel images were dropped from all but Etch, that would be great. I'd like to run Debian as a dom0 host OS on my workstation, and it would be nice if there were Xen kernel packages available that have been made more recently than Etch's 2.6.18.

Pepo wrote:
Hi friends.

I was trying to use XEN in my Debian Lenny (AMD64) but it doesn't have hypervisor packages, How do i can get these packages?

My kernel is 2.6.21-2-amd64.