flash on amd64: my report

Hi,

I just moved to from a 486 arch to a amd64 arch with Debian Sid and I
was going thru the threads on flash in this forum, namely the
following:

http://lists.debian.org/debian-amd64/2007/07/msg00031.html
http://lists.debian.org/debian-amd64/2007/07/msg00185.html
http://lists.debian.org/debian-amd64/2007/07/msg00045.html

Irwan's mail from the last link was especially helpful. But before
trying it out, I stumbled upon the flashplugin-nonfree package:

http://packages.debian.org/cgi-bin/search_packages.pl?keywords=flashplugin-nonfree&searchon=names&subword=1&version=all&release=all

and installing it provided flash nicely in Konq (I haven't tried
Iceweasel yet). Unfortunately it is not available in stable or testing
for the amd64 arch. It depends on nspluginwrapper, so I guess it is
doing the same trick.

In regard to adobe's shockwave flash
(http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/welcome/) in Konq, changing the
Browser Identification to "Safari 2.0 on Mac OS X" did the job. In
fact, from my personal experience, on many websites, changing the
browser identification to either "Firefox 1.5.0.4" or "Safari 2.0 on
Mac OS X" has solved many trivial issues.

--
Regards
PK