resizing partition with Windows Vista

Hi,

This is unbelievable.  The Toshiba laptop I mentioned in my previous post
came with Windows Vista in it.  It has a nifty utility to "shrink" or
"expand" a partition.  Well, Vista created 4 partitions, scattered all
over the hard drive, and "shrinking" the partition doesn't let you use all
the free space available.  Googling for a solution, the only one seems to
be to buy a partitioning proprietary software that knows how to resize
NTFS partitions with Vista on it.  Has anybody been successful resizing
such a partition to create space for a dual boot system?  This is
surreal.  Thanks.

Cheers,

--
Seb