Re: nscd crashing

On Wed, 4 Jul 2007, Alex Samad wrote:

Any one else having problems with nscd crashing ?  I am running slapd &
libnss-ldap + libpam-ldap.

I do not run slapd etc., but I had a similar problem some time ago, and it
turned out to be due to corrupted databases (the files in /var/db/nscd/).
Wiping them out and recreating them cured the problem for me. Just purge the
nscd package, make sure the contents of the /var/db/nscd/ directory were
erased (if necessary, remove any remaining files by hand), then reinstall
the nscd package. This is to make things simple, otherwise browse the nscd
docs and find out how to force it to recreate new database files from
scratch and do that without purging/reinstalling the package.

Bye
Giacomo

Giacomo Mulas <gmulas@ca.astro.it>

OSSERVATORIO ASTRONOMICO DI CAGLIARI
Str. 54, Loc. Poggio dei Pini * 09012 Capoterra (CA)

Tel. (OAC): +39 070 71180 248     Fax : +39 070 71180 222
Tel. (UNICA): +39 070 675 4916

"When the storms are raging around you, stay right where you are"
                          (Freddy Mercury)

believed to be clean.