Re: flash for etch amd64?

On Tue, Jul 03, 2007 at 05:32:11PM +0200, Hans-J. Ullrich wrote:
> Am Dienstag 03 Juli 2007 schrieb Douglas Allan Tutty:
> > I'm running Etch on amd64 on my Athlon64.  I use Konqueror.
> >
> > I have the libflash-mozplugin installed but flash sites (and adobe's
> > test site) don't work.

I also learned from adobe's site that there's a difference between
shockwave-flash and flash (of course).  Libflash-mozplugin is for
shockwave flash.

> you can try the packages "gnash" or "klash". Sometimes flash will work with
> them. I had success with mozilla firefox on flash-sites, but there is no
> guarantee, it will always work. Klash made problems, too, on some websites,
> especially www.heise.de. There sometimes is opening a window with a
> comment "fscommand not recognized", whatever this might mean. With konqueror
> and klash installed (klash is for KDE), the cpu`s work increases to 100
> percent.

I'm running Etch not sid as this is may main box and I need the
stability.  Gnash or klash are not in etch.

The only time I get my CPU to 100% is using digiKam to blowup an image
from a thumbnail to 1024x768; takes 45 seconds.

Actually, most of my daily browsing happens from my PII with Konq via
ssh to the Athlon.  I couldn't figure out how this would be interpreted
by the end-user licence agreement for adobe's flashplayer.

Also, as I said, I don't want a chroot.

Doug.