Re: AMD 64 X2

Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 28, 2007 at 04:51:17PM +0200, Daniel Tryba wrote:
>> If Ed in this thread is correct that the svm flag in /proc/cpuinfo
>> indicates Pacifica, then the Turion64 X2 TL-52 (1.6Ghz) has it (also
>> there is a flag in the bios on this machine).
>
> Oh right.  I forgot they went from Mobile Athlon 64 to Turion 64.  It
> appears from what I can find that all Turion 64 X2's have virtualization
> (some of the none X2's have it too, but not all of them).
>
> --
> Len Sorensen

Yes ... I looked at Turion 64 dual-core laptops briefly before buying
the desktop Athlon64 X2. There were some Turion 64 dual cores without
the virtualization assist, but I think they all have it now. The main
reason I didn't get a laptop is that I wanted a reasonable price for 4
GB of RAM and a fast hard drive, not because of the processors. :)
Besides, I think my next laptop will be a Mac because that's what most
of the Ruby geeks use. ;)