Debian on Intel Mac Pro

Hi list,

I have a whole bunch of Mac Pros at work running MacOS X. It's a waste to
have such exquisite hardware ran by that OS. After hitting my head against
Darwin for months I decided to install Debian on them. I failed miserably
with the Debian installer. After a couple of days of tries I finally found
a workaround to the Debian installer mishaps, which I think are due to
Apple firmware. I have prepared a Wiki on the matter,

http://wiki.debian.org/DebianOnIntelMacPro

The trick was to make an installer with a mactel-linux patched kernel image.

Nevertheless, it would be nice if Debian could tackle Mac Pros in future
releases.

Ricardo Yanez