Re: [UWAGA SPAM] Re: debian on sun x4200

PMFJI (I haven't read the whole thread) and since it has been 'years' since I have run Debian on SUN please take what I write with caution.

Are the proper SUN disk labels still in effect?  The SUN version of a BIOS will not "bless" a Hard Drive unless it has the proper disk labels.  We are talking about Debian AMD64 on this [ http://www.sun.com/servers/entry/x4200/specs.xml ] X4200 system?

Is it the X4200 or the X4200 M2 -- I'm not sure if the AMD Opteron 2000 series chips are supported?

HTH/Bill

On 6/24/07, Maciej Jan Broniarz <mjb@intersec.pl> wrote:

> Does it load LILO/GRUB?
No, it doesn't

> Does it start loading the kernel? Which kernel
No.