Re: Asus P5B Deluxe or Asus P5B Deluxe/WiFi-AP

Jack Malmostoso <jackmalmostoso@freesurf.ch> writes:

> On Mon, 25 Jun 2007 03:30:08 +0200, Alexandru Cardaniuc wrote:
>
> > So, what is the recommended way to go: ASUS P5B Deluxe/WiFi-AP or
> >ASUS P5B Deluxe + WiFi card ?
>
> I'd go for none, but use this instead:
>
> http://www.devolo.com/co_EN/index.html
>
> WLAN through walls is bad.

Well, it's a house and the walls are not concrete. So it seems like WLAN
is easier. I use a laptop with wireless and it works pretty much fine.

> > One more question: I intend to use the new box with debian etch. Are
> >these motherboards going to work with linux kernel 2.6.18 ?
>
> Those motherboards contain the infamous Jmicron controller that has
> initial support in 2.6.18. You might have problems with your PATA
> controller. My suggestion is to install using USB and configure
> carefully the BIOS settings.

So if I have only SATA harddrives and SATA DVD drive I won't have this
problem ? Because it's for the new box that won't have anything PATA...

--
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without
hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd