Re: Asus P5B Deluxe or Asus P5B Deluxe/WiFi-AP

On Mon, 25 Jun 2007 03:30:08 +0200, Alexandru Cardaniuc wrote:

> So, what is the recommended way to go: ASUS P5B Deluxe/WiFi-AP or ASUS
> P5B Deluxe + WiFi card ?

I'd go for none, but use this instead:

http://www.devolo.com/co_EN/index.html

WLAN through walls is bad.

> One more question: I intend to use the new box with debian etch. Are
> these motherboards going to work with linux kernel 2.6.18 ?

Those motherboards contain the infamous Jmicron controller that has
initial support in 2.6.18. You might have problems with your PATA
controller. My suggestion is to install using USB and configure carefully
the BIOS settings.

--
Best Regards, Jack
Linux User #264449