Re: confused about performance

A Dijous 14 Juny 2007 16:13, Jo Shields va escriure:
[...]
> > really, reading you makes me doubt about the whole port. How many apps do
> > we have in the debian pool that can win some kind of performance?
>
> You doubt the port? What, because nobody has more than 3GiB of RAM, or
> compiled their own high-performance apps?

really _all_ or you have been compiled in 128 bits because I have had a lot of
replies of my little _flame_ mail!!! ;-)

no, I have followed the port and I have a running box with this port since two
years ago. The only things that makes me feel bad sometimes are typical
Desktop and web gadgets that I always have problems to make it run. That's
all. I still think that I can compile and run a lot of apps very fast and my
box is so old (summer 2004)

Regards,

Leo