Re: deciding on a new amd64 system

lsorense@csclub.uwaterloo.ca (Lennart Sorensen) writes:

> Personally I would go with spending more on a Core 2 Duo if I was
> buying one, but I am not at the moment. :)

With what motherboard ?

> And I would get a 7600GT rather than a 7300,

EN7600GT SILENT/2DHT/256M ?

or

EN7600GT/2DHT/256M ?

or

EN7600GT/HTDI/256M ?

> and I would go for a silverstone TJ04-B case and probably a
> silverstone 450W power supply. And I wouldn't go for less than a 20"
> screen since I hate 1280x1024 screens, while 20" gives you 1600x1200.

Any particular screen in mind ?

> Of course those changes would probably add another $500 to the price.

Well, after reading all the comments to my initial post, I reconsidered
:) So, I am not buying Dell anymore. I decided to buy the parts and
build it myself.

--
"Most writers regard the truth as their most valuable possession, and
therefore are most economical in its use."