Re: deciding on a new amd64 (laptop) system

On Fri, 8 Jun 2007, Lennart Sorensen wrote:

On Fri, Jun 08, 2007 at 12:51:32PM -0400, Justin Piszcz wrote:
I'd get an Intel P965 or 975 motherboard, besides some BIOS/MTRR issues
with 4 and 8GB of memory, they work very well.

Well I hope the kernel developers manage to explain to intel what their
MTRR setup bugs are in their BIOS so that they will actually fix it in
the BIOS.  So far they (intel) seem to think their BIOS is doing nothing
wrong.

Yeah it's quite strange, a developer from Intel has patched the kernel and I am using his patch against 2.6.22-rc4 and he says the BIOS has issues, but the BIOS people say its not their problem.

Justin.