Re: Ideas why dvd playback is jerky?

On Thu, Jun 07, 2007 at 11:34:21PM -0700, Kenward Vaughan wrote:
> ** One thing that comes to mind is that I have no patch audio wires from
> the player to the MB at this point.  Could this make a big difference in
> what the player has to do to get things to work?

This would/should make no difference. The last time I had that cable
attached was on a SB Pro.

Sounds like you have a bad dvd drive (or badly configured IDE (e.g. no DMA)).
Copy the DVD to HD (or a chapter with mencoder) and see if that does
anything for performance.

--

 When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

   Daniel Tryba