Re: Ideas why dvd playback is jerky?

On Fri, 2007-06-08 at 00:51 -0500, Jaime Ochoa Malagón wrote:
> are you using compiz/beryl/XGL?

None of the above, though I couldn't find beryl/xgl (xgl is apparently
part of a few other packages)

> you should not have problems with that hardware...
>
> glx is working?

Don't know how to tell.  Part of the output from glxinfo is as follows:

----------
daddy:~# glxinfo
name of display: :0.0
display: :0  screen: 0
direct rendering: Yes
server glx vendor string: NVIDIA Corporation
server glx version string: 1.4
server glx extensions:
    GLX_EXT_visual_info, GLX_EXT_visual_rating, GLX_SGIX_fbconfig,
    GLX_SGIX_pbuffer, GLX_SGI_video_sync, GLX_SGI_swap_control,
    GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap, GLX_ARB_multisample,
GLX_NV_float_buffer,
    GLX_ARB_fbconfig_float
client glx vendor string: NVIDIA Corporation
client glx version string: 1.4
client glx extensions:
    GLX_ARB_get_proc_address, GLX_ARB_multisample, GLX_EXT_visual_info,
    GLX_EXT_visual_rating, GLX_EXT_import_context, GLX_SGI_video_sync,
    GLX_NV_swap_group, GLX_NV_video_out, GLX_SGIX_fbconfig,
GLX_SGIX_pbuffer,
    GLX_SGI_swap_control, GLX_NV_float_buffer, GLX_ARB_fbconfig_float,
    GLX_EXT_fbconfig_packed_float, GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap,
    GLX_EXT_framebuffer_sRGB
GLX version: 1.3
GLX extensions:
    GLX_EXT_visual_info, GLX_EXT_visual_rating, GLX_SGIX_fbconfig,
    GLX_SGIX_pbuffer, GLX_SGI_video_sync, GLX_SGI_swap_control,
    GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap, GLX_ARB_multisample,
GLX_NV_float_buffer,
    GLX_ARB_fbconfig_float, GLX_ARB_get_proc_address
OpenGL vendor string: NVIDIA Corporation
OpenGL renderer string: GeForce 7600 GS/PCI/SSE2
OpenGL version string: 2.1.0 NVIDIA 97.55
OpenGL extensions:
    GL_ARB_color_buffer_float, GL_ARB_depth_texture,
GL_ARB_draw_buffers,

> glxgears works smooth?

At 6340 fps, it's doing fine for me.

Kenward